With its roots firmly in the history of Sussex, the accountancy practice now celebrated as Plummer Parsons can be traced back to the very beginning of the 20th century.
In 1900 Hugh Limebeer and James Alexander Tinling began practicing in Eastbourne as the firm ‘Limebeer, Thomson & Tinling’. The partnership flourished and grew in size and reputation as a result of excellent customer care and quality advice, an ethos which remains unchanged to this day.
In 1914 George Plummer joined the firm and as the business continued to evolve and expand Ronald Parsons joined the partnership in 1933. The firm’s name was changed to Plummer Parsons in 1945 and has remained so ever since being recognised as a solid accountancy practice, respected in Sussex and beyond throughout.
Over the years from 1900 the firm established itself in Eastbourne, moving to 18 Hyde Gardens in 1945 and expanding into 19 Hyde Gardens in 1989. In 1990 the business merged with Brooks Killick, a firm based in both Hailsham and Eastbourne giving Plummer Parsons a new Hailsham office.
In 2007 Plummer Parsons opened an office in Brighton as part of ongoing expansion plans.
Since early 2008 we have been implementing the radical idea of a virtual office in Hastings to further expand our coverage of East Sussex.
Such is the success of the business, built on a satisfied client base that Plummer Parsons has the achievable aim to become the largest firm of independent accountants in East Sussex.